That very sad Christmas tree that Dan “Danno” Williams (played by Scott Caan) put up in his apartment in Monday’s episode of CBS’ “Hawaii Five-0” reminded me of one of my favorite holiday flicks, “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”
I love this time of the year, when you can snuggle up with a cup of hot cocoa and watch Netflix of your favorite Christmas movies.
Because, let’s be honest, watching them any other time of the year is, well, weird.
So here’s my list of best Christmas movies of all time (excluding “Die Hard):
• “A Charlie Brown Christmas”
• “The Muppet Christmas Carol”
• “A Christmas Story”
• “A Nightmare Before Christmas”
• “It’s A Wonderful Life”
• “Love Actually”
• “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”
• “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”
• “A Miracle on 34th Street”
• “Bad Santa”
Got any to add?
From tonight’s episode:
• The return of Sang Min — or, as he’s affectionately known on Twitter, Saimin. We look forward to his strange accent and John Travolta hair.
• Breaking into police headquarters to steal drug money? As Steve McGarrett and Dan “Danno” Williams put it, “The insanity level is high.”
• The use of Hawaiian Christmas tunes. I dug it.
• How in the world did that bad guy survive two gun shots to the chest? Sounds like a plot in “Days of Our Lives.”
• Chin Ho Kelly was moving around too much for a motion detector bomb around his neck.
• Again, severe lack of strong female characters. I mean, I’m glad Kono Kalakaua served as sniper in the last fight scene. But really? Is that it? Do I need to write a memo to producers?
• I didn’t care for the use of “aloha” in the show between Kelly and his cousin, Kalakaua. It didn’t seem natural. But is it just me?
CAT’S GIFT IDEAS
SHOPPING DAYS LEFT: 11
TODAY’S GIFT IDEA: Home Brew Kit by Mr. Beer
Tickets to "Cats"
PRICE: $35 to $60 each
THE GIST: The longest running show in Broadway history, "Cats" returns to Hawaii with all of its feline fantastic-ness. Shows run from Dec. 28 to Jan. 2 — and tickets are still available online at www.ticketmaster.com.
THE ADDED BONUS: You can print out tickets from your computer and, viola, instant gift!
BEST FOR: Broadway fanatics, cat lovers and anyone on your list for whom you haven't shopping.
Got a gift idea? Send ’em my way at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Nonstop Honolulu on YouTube »
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Pampering your pets
FUUD: Inferno’s Wood Fire Pizza in Kalihi
Nook or Kindle — or not
Cat Chat episode 5: Scarfing
Gifts for the ‘Hawaii Five-0’ fans
Don’t judge me by my Christmas playlist
FUUD: Hot Pot Heaven in McCully
What’s normal, anyway?
Cat Chat episode 4: Eats for guests
ASK DR. DISH: Tip the mailman?
TOP BLOG POSTS