Mark your calendars — International Market Place’s Grand Lanai Restaurant Week is coming up April 8-14, 2019. Nine restaurants and vendors will feature specially priced items or signature prix fixe menus showcasing some of their best dishes. If you haven’t been to the recently opened ShoreFyre Grill or have yet to experience Michael Mina’s StripSteak Waikiki, here’s your chance.
Also coming: Poke Bowl III on Monday, April 8 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. This battle for bragging rights to the best poke features a cook-off between Flour & Barley chef Dallas Sanders and ShoreFyre Grill. It's free and open to the public, so come sample the poke and vote for your favorite! The first 150 guests receive a special gift, and Frolic’s own Grant Shindo (aka Chuggy Bear) is one of the featured judges.
Throughout Grand Lanai Restaurant Week, tag your onolicious photos with hashtags #GrandLanai and #MarketPlaceStories for a chance to win one of four $100 gift cards to an International Market Place restaurant of your choice. Contestants must follow @intlmktplace on Instagram to be eligible, and Instagram profiles must be public. Four winners will be announced on Monday, April 15, 2019. Visit International Market Place’s website for official photo contest rules.
The best part besides all the food: Parking at International Market Place is easy and stress-free, with self-parking and valet options available. A minimum $10 purchase from any shop or restaurant gets you an hour of free validated parking; your second, third and fourth hours are only $2 each. The entrance to the parking structure is on Kuhio Avenue at Walina Street.
Here’s the lineup from each participating restaurant:
Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi: Three-course meal
Cost: $55 per person (tax and gratuity not included), 924-1849
- First course: Ora King salmon tataki and pipikaula poke with smoked onion, soy and poi
- Second course (choose one): Braised lamb shank with Luxardo cherry jam and natural jus, or spice-rubbed Duroc pork chop with Okinawan sweet potato puree, avocado and corn salsa, or ‘Dynamite’ Kona kampachi with lup cheong, pickled garlic and ginger relish
- Third course: Apple banana tartlet with toffee and caramel corn crunch
Flour & Barley Brick Oven Pizza: Three-course meal
Cost: $40 per person (tax and gratuity not included), 892-2993
- First course (choose one): Arugula and kale salad with oven-roasted tomatoes, artichokes, shaved parmesan, toasted pine nuts and balsamic vinaigrette, or meatballs made with 'old school-style' beef, veal and pork, tomato sauce, parmesan and salsa verde
- Second course (choose one): Genovese pizza, shrimp & penne alla vodka, Godfather pizza with pepperoni, salami, basil and chili oil, or mushroom pizza
- Third course (choose one): Semifreddo seasonal or cannolis featuring crispy pastry shells filled with a sweet ricotta-mascarpone cream and garnished with pistachios and chocolate chips
Goma Tei: Truffle gyoza
Cost: $11.95 (does not include tax or gratuity), 664-0363
This new truffle gyoza is not currently on the International Market Place menu. It's made with ground truffle and truffle oil.
Herringbone: Three-course meal
Cost: $55 per person (does not include tax or gratuity), 797-2435
- First course (choose one): Buffalo octopus with black-eye peas ranch, avocado toast with romesco, parmesan, island tomato and fresno chili, or tuna taco with creamy ponzu, avocado, tobiko and furikake
- Second course (choose one): 'Pulehu' steak with black garlic chimichurri and Okinawan sweet potato puree, local daily catch with island vegetables and citrus/miso glaze, or Kauai shrimp and grits with green curry, toasted coconut, Thai basil oil
- Third course: Lilikoi banana cream pie with whipped pastry cream and macadamia nuts
Mi Almita Cantina: Steak fajitas and papas bravas
Cost: $25 per person (tax and gratuity not included), 377-6915
- Steak fajitas with roasted peppers and onions, guacamole
- Papas brava (roasted potatoes) with trio of Mi Almita dipping sauces
ShoreFyre Fresh Grill & Bar: Corned beef 50/50 burger
Cost: $15.95, 672-2097
This special 9-ounce burger features gourmet corned beef, sauerkraut, Angus chuck beef and cheese.
StripSteak Waikiki: Three-course menu
Cost: $75 per person (does not include tax and gratuity), 800-3094
- First course (choose one): Waipouli Greens salad with red beet 'noodles' or Porcini mushroom risotto with Hamakua mushrooms, fresh thyme, 36-month aged parmigiano reggiano
- Second course (choose one): Ora King salmon, USA Prime New York strip steak, or USDA Prime 35-day dry-aged Kansas City strip steak ($30 supplement); garlic whipped potatoes, shoyu-glazed Aloun Farms green beans
- Third course: Li hing pineapple sorbet with Maui Gold pineapple, li hing mui
The Street Food Hall by Michael Mina: Seven-Item Party Pass
Cost: $36.99 per person for a Party Pass with a $10 Grand Lanai Restaurant Week discount ($26.99), 377-4402
7-Item Party Pass: Choose any seven from the following:
- Indie Girl: Avocado toast
- South Shore Swirl: Soft serve cup with one topping
- Little Lafa: Lafa with protein of your choice (chicken, salmon, beef)
- International Smoke: Spare ribs with coleslaw
- Adam's Nana Lu: Pepperoni pizza with half Caesar salad
- The Ramen Bar: Mini ramen bowl of your choice (shio, shoyu, miso)
- Mi Almita Taqueria: One taco of your choice (beef, chicken, pork, veggie)
- Uncle Harry's Hot Chicken: Two wings and veggies
- Beer & Be Merry: 16-ounce draft
- Myna Bird Tiki Bar: Pina colada
International Market Place
2330 Kalakaua Ave.
Parking entrance is on Kuhio Avenue at Walina Street