Café Morey’s just opened on Monsarrat Avenue in the former Happy Valley Pasta & Pizza spot across Bogart's Cafe. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner until 7 p.m., with some major quirks.
Here’s what you'll find:
- A huge, eclectic menu. Morey’s serves breakfast all day, but you'll also find chicken pho, poke bowls, anchovy garlic butter fries, kalbi kimchee fried rice, pork chops and garlic ahi steak.
- The drink menu's huge, too. Coffee, espresso, tea, fresh lemonade, draft beer, bottled beer, whiskey, margaritas, wine, mimosas ... and more. Gulp.
- Twists on different dishes. All eggs benedicts are served on sourdough bread instead of the traditional English muffin; it makes for a heartier base. Sweet, fruity sandwiches filled with caramel and Nutella come with a side of fries.
- Pastries change all the time. Pastries like Oreo muffins and corn pound cake ($3 each) are delivered three times a week from a local bakery. Choices rotate, so you won't see the same things every day.
- It's going for a neighborhood diner theme. A wall of nostalgia has items like gumball machines and jelly bean dispensers. Morey’s wants to be a place where locals hang out over comfort food.
- There's some parking. The cafe shares a small adjacent parking lot with the yoga studio upstairs. Street parking's also available.
3106 Monsarrat Ave.
Daily 7 a.m.-7 p.m.