ONO (One Night Only) is a new dining series presented by Hawaii Gas in partnership with Frolic Hawaii. Each ONO event will explore local chefs' cultural roots and the food that is meaningful to them. We'll share the stories about the food with you, our Frolic readers, and then you'll experience the meal for yourself ... hot off the stove!
On Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018 for one night only, enjoy “An Evening of My Childhood” family-style dinner hosted by chef Chai Chaowasaree.
Chef Chai's dinner will feature five courses featuring dishes he learned while growing up at his parents' restaurant in Thailand.
The family-style menu includes:
- Shredded Green Papaya Salad with Dried Shrimp
- Grilled Garlic Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled New York Steak with Lime Vinaigrette and Toasted Rice
- Stuffed Bitter Melon with Shrimp, Ground Pork and Shiitake Mushroom
- Durian Ice Cream & Thai Coffee Ice Cream
Dinner is $45 (not including tax and tip). This is not a ticketed event, but reservations are required. Seatings are available at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Call the restaurant at 585-0011 for reservations. Validated parking is available in the building.
1009 Kapiolani Blvd.