With the threat of Hurricane Lane, there have been lots of city and state closures and cancellations — and our foodie events are not exempt. Hurricane Lane is expected to reach Honolulu starting late Friday and last throughout the weekend.
Here are the latest updates:
RESCHEDULED OR CANCELLED
- Henry Kapono and Friends concert: Rescheduled to Sept. 15 at the Waikiki Shell (Sept. 16 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center on Maui)
- The Ultimate CHEF Battle: StripSteak vs. The Street Food Hall (originally scheduled for Aug. 23 at 6 p.m.): Rescheduled to Friday, Sept. 7, 2018. For more information, visit the event page.
- The Greek Festival (originally scheduled for Aug. 25-26): Postponed, date TBD
- Duke’s OceanFest: All OceanFest events will wrap up Wednesday.
- Wine on the Waterfront: Harbor Restaurant at Pier 38 will be postponing its event, originally scheduled for Aug. 25 at 5 p.m. Date TBD.
- Kailua Farmers Market: The Thursday farmers market is cancelled.
- Honolulu farmers market: Wednesday’s farmers market at the Blaisdell Center is still on.
- Shokudo’s Summer Truffle Sake Pairing Dinner: The Aug. 23 dinner at 6 p.m. is still on, per Shokudo’s Instagram.
- Amazing Comic Con Aloha: The full guest list is still scheduled to be here, per the event’s Facebook page. Amazing Comic Con Aloha is still set to open this weekend from Aug. 24-26, as planned.
- Fire & Rice at International Market Place: This event held at Eating House 1849 in Waikiki celebrates 150 years of Japanese cuisine in Hawaii, according to the event's Facebook page. It's scheduled for Aug. 23 at 6 p.m.
For the lastest Hurricane Lane updates and other closures, visit Hawaii News Now’s website.