No doubt you've seen the long lines at Costco, Sam's Club and other stores and supermarkets. But what's the scene at your local farmers market?
Farmers markets are still open across the state, and social distancing and sanitation measures are in full effect. Click above to take a look at the Farm Lovers Kakaako market held on Saturdays. If you're concerned about your health, rest assured that there are plenty of safety measures, including:
- Clear markers on the ground for lines, with plenty of space between people
- No more than two people allowed at each booth at one time
- "You touch it, you buy it" signs and instructions to point at the produce you want so the vendor can package it for you
- Plenty of hand sanitizers and hand-washing stations throughout the market
At Hawaii Farm Bureau markets, you'll find
- New farm-to-car online ordering and drive-thru pickup option. It sold out for April 1 and they're adding more options at hfbf.org/farm-to-car
- Hand sanitizers at info booths
- Pre-packaged prepared food items
- No live music to discourage crowds
- Limit in number of people at a booth at a time
So support local, Hawaii. Scroll below for a list of farmers markets across the state that are still open:
Farm Lovers Kakaako
1050 Ala Moana Blvd.
Saturdays 8 a.m to noon
Farm Lovers Pearlridge
Mauka by Macy's facing Moanalua Rd.
Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon
Farm Lovers Kailua
Kailua Town Center
Sundays 8 a.m. to noon
Hawaii Farm Bureau Mililani Farmers Market
Mililani High School
Sundays 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Hawaii Farm Bureau Honolulu Farmers Market
Neil S. Blaisdell Center
Wednesdays 4 to 7 p.m.
Windward Mall Farmers Market
46-056 Kamehameha Hwy in the parking lot
Wednesdays 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Sundays 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Kauai Community Farmers Market
Kauai Community College
Saturdays 930 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Kauai Culinary Farmers Market
Kukui'ula Shopping Village
Keauhou Farmers Market
Keauhou Shopping Center
Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon
Intersection of Mamane Street and Highway 19
Sunday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hawi Farmers Market
Corner of Akoni Pule Highway (270) and Hawi Road
Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hilo Farmers Market
Corner of Mamo Street and Kamehameha Avenue
Mon, Tues, Thurs-Fri, Sun 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Wed and Sat 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Waimea Town Market at Kekela Farms
64-604 Mana Rd.
Tues 2-5 p.m., Sat 8 a.m.-noon
Napili Farmers Market
4900 Honoapiilani Hwy, Lahaina
Wednesdays and Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon
Upcountry Farmers Market
Kula Malu Town Center, next to Longs Drugs
55 Kiopaa St., Pukalani
Saturdays 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.