Save the date: On August 28, 2018, you're invited to Mi Almita Cantina's First Fiesta, an evening of fresh, coastal Mexican cuisine by James Beard Award-winning chefs Hugo Ortega and Michael Mina. Located on the first level of International Market Place facing Kuhio Avenue, Mi Almita Cantina is the newest addition to Mina's collection of restaurants.
The Cantina's menu highlights local Hawaii ingredients and authentic Mexican heritage cooking with a modern twist. First Fiesta is a multicourse feast of the restaurant's most popular and specialty dishes — everything from passed appetizers and full entrees to salad and dessert — all in the casual ambience of the Cantina's open-air dining room. The six-course dinner even comes with a frozen cocktail of your choice. With soulful, vibrant food and flowing drinks, you won't need much to get this party started!
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Warm Tortilla Chips with salsa and Mexicana guacamole
- Local Ahi Tuna Crudo Tostada with avocado, sour orange mayo and mangoes
- Sopecitos: Little Potato and Masa Sopes (chicken, beef and Pono pork)
- Mercado Chopped Salad with queso fresco, tortillas, avocado, frijoles and romaine lettuce
- Street Tacos: Slow-cooked Pono pork, red wine and guajillo-smoked beef brisket, line-caught monchong ‘al pastor’
- Fresh Warm Cinnamon Churros with honey and salted caramel
First Fiesta wouldn't be complete without your choice of a frozen cocktail:
- Margarita: Reposado tequila, lime, agave nectar
- Frose All Day: Jolie Folie rose, Puerto Rican rum, lime
- Pina Colada: Puerto Rican rum, pineapple and coconut cream
- Moscow Mule: vodka, lime, ginger beer
First Fiesta happens at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28. Tickets are $50 each and seats are limited, so reserve your seat early to join the Fiesta!
Mi Almita Cantina
2311 Kuhio Ave.
Daily breakfast 7-11 a.m., lunch and dinner 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Happy hour 3-6 p.m.