An Evening with Michael Mina promises a feast under the stars with the James Beard Award-winning chef. San Francisco-based Mina has two restaurants in Hawaii now — StripSteak Waikiki at International Market Place's Grand Lanai and MINA's Fish House at the Four Seasons Ko Olina — plus The Street Food Hall, by Michael Mina, located at IMP's street level. All will feature at this three-course dinner.
The event, held at StripSteak Waikiki, starts with a reception at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Guests will graze on canapes from five kiosks from The Street Food Hall, by Michael Mina, including Mina's own Little Lafa, inspired by the flavors of his native Egypt, and celebrity chef Ayesha Curry's International Smoke. Then, guests will sit down to an al fresco dinner with wine pairings.
Mina himself will prepare and present the first course as he explains the vision behind StripSteak Waikiki, The Street Food Hall, by Michael Mina, and MINA's Fish House. Broiled whole Kona kampachi follows, and then a 30-day dry-aged prime New York strip steak, both with sides. And there's dessert: a flambe of Maui Gold pineapple, Kohana rum and maraschino cherry ice cream.
An Evening with Michael Mina is the grand finale to International Market Place's April 9-16 Grand Lanai Restaurant Week, featuring specially priced multi-course meals from eight Grand Lanai restaurants. Tickets to the Mina dinner are $175 and include wine pairings for each course. With Mina himself presenting the dinner, it's a good idea to buy early. A portion of the proceeds from this dinner will support the Hawaii Foodbank.
- Passed Canapés - Chef Bao Tran - The Street Food Hall, by Michael Mina
- The Ramen Bar Yakiton
- Little Lafa Harissa Chicken
- Mi Almita Cantina Elotes
- International Smoke Shrimp & Grits
- Adam's Nana Lu Eggplant Parmesan
- First Course: Chef Michael Mina
- Classic Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Tartare
- Second Course: Chef Garrick Mendoza – MINA's Fish House
- Broiled Whole Kona Kampachi: Chinese black bean, ginger, Singapore Street Noodles
- Third Course: Chef Jamie Zager – StripSteak Waikiki
- 30-day Dry Aged Prime NY Strip: “All Tops” potato gratin, Stuffed Kahumana Farms Swiss Chard, Smoked Bone Marrow Bordelaise
- Dessert Course: Chef Harrison Chernick – Mina Group
- Maui Gold Pineapple Flambe: Kohana Koho Agricole Rum, Luxardo Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream
International Market Place
2330 Kalakaua Ave.
Parking at IMP is accessible from Kuhio Avenue at Walina Street