By Will McGough
Special to Frolic Hawaii
Since opening last fall, Kakaako’s Village Bottle Shop & Tasting Room has been a blessing for craft beer lovers. Co-owner Tim Golden might be the savviest beer slinger on the island, and between Village’s ever-evolving bottle selection, monthly bar crawls and specialty beer events, the place always seems to be in the driver’s seat.
Here’s what’s involved:
- The cost is $30 (plus tax) per month and membership is on a month-to-month basis
- Each month, you’ll get a selection of beers chosen by Golden that would normally cost from the mid-$30s to about $40. Expect alternating styles, regions, etc. For example, one month might be three bombers, while the next month might be a six-pack and two bombers
- You can pick up your club beers from the 1st of each month
- The day you pick up, you’ll get get 5% off all draft beers, merchandise and bottle shop purchases
- Signup is in person at Village Bottle Shop.
Beer clubs are excellent for people that love to try new beers. I’ve been a member of some in the past, and it is always a great day when your shipment arrives with beers you’ve never heard of or never had access to. And the price here is good, especially compared to some national clubs that come with shipping costs.
If stuff like that sounds up your alley, get yourself over to Village and sign up. New members will start off with Golden’s July selections. At last check, there were 20-25 spots left. Get there soon.
Village Bottle Club & Tasting Room
675 Auahi St.